At Key Storage, we offer car storage near you, so you can keep your vehicles in good condition. Whether you’re looking for long-term car storage or indoor car storage, we have several vehicle storage options for you to choose from that meet your needs. With storage locations across five states, you can find affordable vehicle storage near you at any of our state-of-the-art facilities.
Types of Car Storage at Key Storage
Everyone has different needs, which is why we offer a wide range of car storage solutions to pick from that suit you best. When talking with our team, you can learn about the benefits of each vehicle storage type to ensure you make the right choice for you.
Indoor Car Storage
Looking for indoor car storage near you? Look no further than Key Storage. Our indoor car storage units provide adequate protection from the elements to keep your vehicles in good condition. Thanks to our drive-up units, you can easily gain access to your vehicle any time you visit our storage facilities. We even have several storage unit sizes to choose from, perfect for all types of cars, from compact cars to trucks and vans. If you’re interested in a garage for rent near you, Key Storage can help.
Long-Term Car Storage
In some cases, you may be looking for long-term car storage. Maybe you have an old car you’re saving for your soon-to-be 16-year-old or have an old sports car you only take out during the summer. Regardless of your needs, you can benefit from our long-term car storage that will free up space in your garage or driveway and protect your vehicle from the elements.
Outdoor Car Storage
If you are looking for an easy solution to storing your car in a secure spot, certain Key Storage locations offer Open Parking spaces. You can park your car in an outdoor 10x20 spot for the short- and long-term.
Short-Term Car Storage
Not only do we offer long-term car storage solutions, but you can also benefit from our short-term car storage units. Whether you need a few weeks to clean out your garage or you’re in the middle of a move, our short-term car storage gives you the space you need while keeping your vehicle secure.
Key Storage Car Storage Units
Cars aren’t cheap, which means you want to ensure they’re in good hands when you place them in a storage unit. At Key Storage, you can have peace of mind knowing your vehicles are secure in any of our safe car storage units. Equipped with security cameras that provide 24/7 monitoring, computerized security gates, and on-premise resident managers, your vehicles will remain protected.
You never know when you’ll need access to your vehicle, which is why our car storage units are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With gate hours among the longest in the industry, you can visit our storage facilities almost any time you need to get to your car.
Rest assured knowing your vehicle is taken care of in any of our auto storage units. Our storage facilities are constantly cleaned and your vehicle will be protected from the elements.
Car Storage FAQs
What storage unit size do I need for my car?
At Key Storage, we have several storage options to choose from when it comes time to look for storage for cars near you. Before booking a storage unit, make sure to take the time to measure your car to ensure it will fit comfortably. At Key Storage, we will work with you to find a car storage unit in the right size to ensure you save the most money. Explore our vehicle storage options below:
- 10x15 car storage unit: Can fit most compact cars, such as a Mini Cooper, Ford Fiesta, Honda Fit, and Volkswagen Golf.
- 10x20 car storage unit: Can fit most automobiles like sedans, SUVs, vans, and trucks, such as a Nissan Rogue, Ford Explorer, and Toyota Tundra.
- 10x25 car storage unit: Can fit most automobiles and larger pickup trucks, such as the Toyota Tacoma and Cadillac Escalade.
- 10x30 car storage unit: Can fit most automobiles and trucks, such as 16-passenger vans and the Ford F150. Small boats can be fit in this unit size, too.
Key Storage also has 5x10 units that can store motorcycles.
How do you prepare a car for storage?
To ensure your vehicle stays in good condition in storage, it’s important to know how to prepare it properly. Here are tips on how to prepare your vehicle for car storage:
- Clean: Before storing your car, make sure to take it to a car wash to remove any water stains, bird droppings, and dust/debris that can damage the paint over time. Additionally, make sure to clean the interior to prevent mold, insects, and animals from damaging the inside.
- Remove the battery: Not starting your car for an extended period of time can make your battery lose its charge. To prevent this, either visit your storage unit every few weeks to start your car or remove the battery and keep it at home to charge with a trickle charger.
- Fill the tank: If your vehicle is placed in long-term car storage, make sure to fill the tank. Doing so can help prevent moisture from building up. Additionally, consider adding a fuel stabilizer to prevent gum and rust from damaging the engine.
- Protect from rodents: When left unattended, rodents like mice or chipmunks might make your car their home. To prevent this, cover your exhaust and air intake and place animal traps in your storage unit to keep them away from your vehicle.
- Get an oil change: If you’re storing your vehicle for a long time, make sure to change the oil beforehand. Doing so can help ensure your engine stays in good condition.
- Prevent flat spots: When left for an extended period of time, your tires can eventually flatten. To prevent this, try moving your car every few weeks. If this isn’t possible, you can use tire saver ramps or take the tires off of your car and place your vehicle on jacks.
- Add a car cover: Covering your car is another great way to keep your car in good condition from dust and debris, as well as from precipitation, if your car is stored in an outdoor lot.